The work we do in life can sometimes feel heavy. Learning to trust, finding our truth, looking within—each are meant to help us feel more at peace—however, sometimes all of this spiritual work feels more like the piling on of ten soaking wet wool blankets. Heavily, slowly, crushing.
There are days I long for the bliss of ignorance. Not days, more like moments throughout the day. But still, they exist. Those moments when I think, Ah to be young, clueless, and unaware. Riding my bike, skipping, talking non-stop as I walked alone in nature. Talking with whom? Who cares? It didn’t matter. No one. Everyone. God.
And that bounce in my step? Where did it come from? From the feeling of being light. Unencumbered. Unafraid.
I don’t bounce much anymore. And I’m almost* perfectly fine with that. There’s a time and a place for everything. Then was the time for that, and now is the time for this.
*Almost perfectly fine…
Almost because I’d like to settle into a balance. Something between the bounce and the soaking wet blankets.
Spirituality doesn’t have to feel heavy or over-serious or wet-wool-blanket-like. For me, it just has to feel real, solid, meaningful. Spirituality is living your life with a purpose that ignites your heart.
Does your heart feel ignited?
Today, no matter if your heart feels ablaze with intense emotion or more like a buried, forgotten lump of coal never destined to find its flame, follow along and feel this:
- snap your fingers together gently, only hearing the whoosh, brushing of a noise, not a hard crack. That was the spark of your heart igniting.
- narrow your eyes, squint a little as you glance within the left side of your chest, see a white dot surrounded by a soft, yellow halo
- as you focus your eyes, sharpen your awareness as you see the soft, yellow halo begin to pulsate
- slowly, very slowly, watch it grow
- feel it grow
- see the single flame grow larger
- and now see the flame multiply
- shift your seeing entirely over to feeling
- feel your heart completely ablaze
- alive, roaring with life, purpose, meaning
- quickly, shift the fire to your throat!
- expand the flames and ask yourself NOW:
- “What have I been wanting to say, but have been holding inside?”
- LET IT GO
- let it go
- easy, now
- let it go.
Now seal in your experience.
Grab your iPhone. Yes, you read correctly. You know it’s right beside you. Go to your Clock app (standard on all iPhones). Choose Stopwatch. Tap Start, with closed eyes, take 10 deep breaths in and out as you seal in your inner-heart-throat experience. For 10 breaths, go there, wherever there may be. Close your eyes and begin.
Offer yourself love as a way of thanking yourself. It’s simple, just say out loud, “I love you.”
Now wash and repeat. Each time you begin to feel the heaviness that comes with Life, have this exercise handy. Next time you may not shift from your heart to your throat, you may shift from your heart to your sore knee, or to the ringing in your left ear that’s been bothering you. Go there and release. Let. it. go.
Ignite Your Heart
P.S. Ten breaths in and out this time took me 2 minutes, 21 seconds. Last time: 1:54. I must have had more to let go.
If today’s message spoke to you, won’t you please share it on Facebook or forward to a friend? You never know, it might be just the thing someone in your circle of friends is meant to experience today. Thank you!