Here we are, on our fourth day of 2015, not even a full week in, and I wanted to touch base and see how your New Year’s resolutions are going. If you’re like many, you didn’t even bother jotting any down. Everyone is so busy these days! Why write down more things to do, more obligations—and let’s be honest—more things we are going to feel guilty about when we don’t follow through? So instead, most people I’ve spoken to said they just don’t do resolutions anymore.
I stopped years ago, as many of you know. I’ve gone to the WATCHWORD, my magic word: that one word that I can easily remember and keep top-of-mind for 365 days. Yes, I still create goals, use accountability tools, and I try to remember to celebrate big wins, but a watchword is different. It’s a gentle, simple reminder. And I like simple.
Here is a short list of watchwords that I, my family, friends, and clients have used in previous years:
KIND (as in BE kind)
Do any of these words speak to you? How about this word? TRUST. Does that speak to you? Or do you believe you’re so far gone in the trust-department, that it’s not even worth going there? Chances are, if you’re here reading, which you are, you’re interested in trust. And you believe (maybe deep down believe) it is possible to learn how to trust.
Trust is something I can help you with, something I would be honored to help you with. The good news is, you have several options, depending on your preferred learning style, time available, and budget. (Several are free!)
Consider These Ways to Trust:
1. On this site, you will always have FREE trust resources available to you. There are literally hundreds of trust posts here, right at your fingertips.
2. Many of you took advantage of the summer special, so I decided to bring it back for this month only! For the rest of January, I am offering “The Ultimate Guide to Trust” FREE! By subscribing to Trust Life Today (located at the top and bottom of this page), you will be sent a complimentary copy. Have you already subscribed and would still like a copy? No worries, simply email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will make sure you receive a copy!
3. Starting January 28th, you can listen to me as I offer trust tips and take live callers on “Love, Trust & Pixie Dust,” the newest talk radio show on Blog Talk Radio! (I’m sooo excited!)
4. Are you an eBook lover? My book with the same name as the radio show: Love, Trust & Pixie Dust, can be read on your favorite eReader.
5. If you prefer the feel of holding a book and highlighter in your hands as you contemplate trust, I wrote Love, Trust & Pixie Dust for you.
6. Are you more of a one-on-one person? All of my coaching slots are currently full, but beginning February 1st, I will be opening two additional spots. Email me at: email@example.com if you’re interested in learning more.
7. And lastly, I hope you can join me in person for the fresh, new trust workshop! “Just Love & Trust: Simple Tools for Trust in Action” is being offered in north Dallas (Allen, Texas) on January 31st. I have planned an exciting, yet intimate gathering, so I am limiting it to the first 20 people who sign up. For details, see the blue box on the side of this page (go back up to the top…you can’t miss it).
If TRUST is your watchword, I’ve got you covered. Regardless of the magic word you choose, seek out the help you need to be successful. Whether it’s a coach, a book, a seminar, whatever, you have resources. So many of us, myself included, are completely pie-in-the-sky at the beginning of the new year, then over time we fade.
Seek out the tools and people you need to make 2015 YOUR year! Then go for it!
Happy 2015 Friends! My wish for us all…. Make this your year to TRUST YOURSELF.