Part 1: “The First Step in Trusting. Can It Really Be that Simple?” In case you missed it, click here for the full article.
“Making the shift from What If to being aware of What Is is a total and complete game changer. It’s a means of setting yourself free.”
- What Ifs exist only in your mind, no where else
- if there are What Ifs running around in your mind, You put them there
- FOCUS: quiet your mind, train yourself to stop What If scenarios before they take over
- being aware of What Is calms your mind, bringing you peace, as it eliminates fear and worry
- frees you to live your life, not bound by endless monkey-mind chatter
- FOCUS: use every day situations to become aware of What Is
“Making the switch from What If to What Is, takes practice, but once you’re aware of it, that’s all it is: daily practice.”
Part 2: “Why Don’t People Trust?” In case you missed it, click here for the full article.
How are our beliefs on trust shaped? By our environment.
Environment 1 – household where our parents, teachers, and other influential people in our lives:
- spoke openly about life
- taught us healthy boundaries
- nurtured and loved us… even when we screwed up
- END RESULT: Trust was shaped accordingly, from an early age.
Environment 2 – household where our parents, teachers, and other influential people in our lives taught us:
- trust must be earned
- we must prove ourselves in order to gain others’ trust
- trust can be taken away if you mess up, often with no explanation offered to the child
- END RESULT: more than likely, you grew up trusting no one (probably not even yourself).
Although Environment 2 holds a belief system that’s held by many, that doesn’t mean that it is true.
So, what is true? In order to trust, you must start by trusting yourself first.
Remember where trust begins: Trust Begins Inside of You
Please share this post; we’ll get started with Part 3 next time: “Top 4 Beliefs For a Foundation in Trust.” I hope you all have a beautiful weekend!