The Top 5 Reasons to Let Go of Control
(Part 6 of 7 in the Learning How to Trust Series)
Our previous TLT post discussed “Who Is Really In Control” of our lives. Early in the post, a line in the sand was drawn between what we have control over and what we don’t.
What Do We Have Control Over?
We have control over the choices we make in life, how we choose to react to life. Personally, after I fully understood (and embraced) the fact that I am not in control of outcomes, people, and situations, I was able to see the following as the true gifts that they are.
1. The Gift of Accepting What Is
- no inventing What If stories that don’t serve you
- because really, when you think about it, what are those stories? DRAMA. Pure, unnecessary drama.
2. The Gift of Setting Aside Your Fears and Worries
- leading to better sleep
- more peace of mind throughout the day, hence, more focus on what you want out of life, what you enjoy
- because let’s face it, I’m not sure you’d find anyone who would tell you they enjoy being worried or fearful
3. The Gift of Praying With No Attachment to the Outcome
- shifting our prayers from requests that have the potential to turn into begging or bartering with God
- then becoming angry, disillusioned, or bringing some other negative energy into your realm when you don’t receive the outcome you asked for/begged for/set up a false expectation for
4. The Gift of Knowing You Are Never Alone
- that the answers to all of your questions lie inside of you
- that you have access to all of the wonders and wisdom of the Divine who dwells within you
5. The Gift of Surrendering and Letting Go
Which Will Lead You Directly to Trust
It’s a full circle journey, my friends! And you don’t even need to think of it as a linear process. You know how to do this! You know there’s:
Awareness of What Is Trust Letting Go No Fear
Never Being Alone A Power Higher Than You Practice on Your Stuff
No Worries Everything Happens For a Reason
Praying With No Attachment to the Outcome Surrendering
Foundation/Belief System Trust Begins Inside of You
It all works together. And to what end goal? Peace. Yes, peace is our end goal, and we’ll be touching on it in the upcoming and last post in our series, Learning How to Trust. Thank you for continuing to learn about trust and for sharing this information with others!
In love and trust,
To be taken to the full series on Learning How to Trust contained in one post, click here.