Why Write a Blog About Trust?
For two reasons:
1. Trust leads directly to what we seek most: Peace. (No, not love and not happiness—we’ll get there in just a second.)
Unfortunately, peace is not possible when fear and worry stop you in your tracks. It’s not possible for you to feel peace when you’re fearful. Just as you’re not able to feel peace when you’re constantly worried.
Once you learn to trust, your fear and worry melt away, leaving you wide open and available to experience the peace of a big bellied puppy, drunk off its mother’s milk. And once you have peace in your life, then strap on your seat belt!—love and happiness simply flow.
2. If peace isn’t enough of a reason to write about trust, then what about this reason? Trust is the backbone of all relationships, from intimate relationships to business relationships to casual relationships. Consider this: would you continue to see a doctor you didn’t trust? Would you put your money in a banking institution you didn’t trust? Would you send your children to spend the night at someone’s house you didn’t trust? Trust is that intangible element you can’t always put your finger on, but when it’s not there, you know it. And fast!
With trust being at the core of any relationship, why is it we so often hear, “People simply don’t trust.”? People don’t trust their government. People don’t trust their mechanic. People don’t trust their lawyers. People don’t trust others period. The bottom line is this: People don’t trust themselves. And why should we? Especially considering that when we were kids, everything we were taught about trust was completely backwards.
If you were taught:
- you must earn trust (earn the trust of your parents, your teachers, later your boss….)
- you must prove yourself worthy of trust
- any time you screw up, trust will be taken away from you
If you were taught any of these things, and let’s be honest, most of us were, you were taught the complete opposite of how trust truly works. Trust is not external to you. It cannot be taken away, it does not need to be earned. Stop giving your power away! It is not in the hands of the other person. Trust comes from within you FIRST, knowing, feeling, believing in a power higher than you.
Once you trust yourself FIRST, once you become comfortable to trust yourself to make the right decisions in your life, for your higher good, and for the higher good of all involved, then you know the Truth of Trust.
And that’s why I write this blog. To share the truth of trust. The truth that says: You are powerful beyond belief. Trust begins within you.
About Trust Life Today (TLT):
I had been studying Trust, Love, Forgiveness, Peace, Truth…basically anything heart-growing and spirit-filling, for over half my life when I decided to publicly share about trust in the form of this blog….only to be diagnosed with breast cancer a few short months after introducing myself to you, the reader.
Which came as a shock to most—no history, no lump, first mammogram at age 40.
Now what?! How was the Trust-Lady going to play this hand? Well, I chose to share what I felt drawn to share, keep private what I felt belonged between God and me, bearing in mind the purpose of this platform:
To guide others who are interested in learning how to trust—those who want to turn their fear and worry upside down.
That’s how I see my role—as your honored guide.
Here are some of the faces of your guide (and one of my muse):
Your Life Is Your Ultimate Adventure
Join me here at TLT, and learn to let go of fear and worry, turning everything you’ve ever learned about Trust Upside Down! Discover the peace within you, peace that is rooted in Trusting Life Today. It’s my honor to serve as your guide as you learn to trust yourself. Trust others. Trust Life. Trust period.
Here are a few posts that offer additional insight regarding my beliefs on Trusting Life:
- “About Trust Life Today (TLT)”
- “Just What Do I Believe (And Other Questions Straight from You)?”
- “Why Should We Trust Life?”
By Trusting, we marry our free will with the Divine of Our Creator to KNOW that we are taken care of. We are not alone—not in our worries, our struggles, our joys, or our triumphs. You are not alone.
Learn to Let go…Trust Life
Love, Trust & Pixie Dust was written to inspire the person who has ever asked the question, “Why is this happening to me?”
If you are interested in:
- Learning how to love yourself,
- Recognizing how to trust yourself,
- Grasping how to let go of your fears and worries,
- Or experiencing deep inner peace…
…then this book is for you.
Come discover how these elements work together and the vital role pixie dust plays in your daily life.
About the Author
Leslie is the writer and creator of TrustLifeToday.com. When not writing or speaking about trust, she can be found somewhere quiet sipping a cuppa tea or at the Pilates studio, either teaching or taking classes. Leslie is a breast cancer Sur-Thriver and lives in north Dallas with her husband, two sons, and yellow Lab.