1. I hope to one day treat time as a friend and stop trying to beat it, trick it, morph it, or curse it.
2. I hope for a strong, steady, peaceful heartbeat until the end/beginning.
3. I hope to have more and more Forrest Gump in me with each passing day.
4. I hope to be filled with the happiness of a Pug and the sweet, good-natured-ness of a Lab.
5. I hope to allow my heart to swell, even when my mind wants it to constrict.
6. I hope to always have the desire to get up after I stumble.
7. I hope to be my own light.
8. I hope to recognize when others are the light and give them thanks.
9. I hope to find a feeling of comfort even in the uncomfortable.
10. I hope to see the rainbow before, during, and after the rain. Before, during and after the dawn. Before, during, and after the dark.
11. I hope as my body ages, my mind remains sharp.
12. I hope to declutter my life as I declutter our house.
13. I hope to learn how to feel an inward smile, even underneath whatever tears or pain lurk, even in my sleep.
14. I hope to realize my dreams.
15. I hope to never stop hoping. I believe hope is the opposite of fear, so this one is very important to me.
16. I dream of leaping onto the back of a jaguar and riding nowhere. For hours.
17. I dream of wandering in a field of books growing from vines.
18. I dream of flying with weightless, iridescent wings with the softest yellow and pink hues.
19. I dream I am a bee, buzzing with one, singular rhythm with my hive.
20. I dream I inhabit the veins of an oak leaf, and can tap into the pulse of my roots.
21. I dream of walking the halls of my high school completely bald and accepted.
22. I dream of starring in my own movie, smiling as I sit in the theater as on-lookers laugh, cry, whoop and boo.
23. I dream of bobbing in and out of a cloud.
24. I dream I am a lightning-bug flying outside the window of my 7-year old human self, blinking a message in morse code to that little girl. Dot, dash, dot, dot, dash, dash, dash, dot, dot, dot, dash, dot: LOVE.
25. I dream of watching the astonished faces of my loved ones as they tune-in to their unique super-power. Then, watching their faces fade to one of serene knowing…realizing they had known it all along.
26. I dream I am a sugar cube being placed on a child’s tongue, dissolving, and feeling the rush of joy.
27. I dream of being mist in the Congo. Nothing more.
28. I dream I am feeling. Not that I am feeling something, like a verb “to feel,” but I AM feeling…as if feeling were a noun.
29. I dream I am a glob of green paint. Each time the painter dips his paintbrush in me and touches me to the canvas, I feel the thrill of knowing I am becoming.
30. I dream you are a blue glob of paint. You just joined. You invite purple. She invites black. He invites orange. Soon we are swirled around together, breathing in one another. With the smell of paint still filling my nostrils, I wake and wonder how racism still exists.
31. I secretly believe our culture has hit a level of over-the-top that feels gross to me…in all of our excesses and indulgences.
32. I secretly have more OCD tendencies than I allow others to see.
33. I secretly have girl-crushes from time to time.
34. As much as I love and adore my family, most of the time I secretly prefer to be alone with my dog.
35. I am secretly more afraid of success than failure.
36. I secretly knew the diagnosis would come back as breast cancer before the doctor officially delivered the news.
37. I secretly believe that if I’m not being productive, I am unworthy.
38. I secretly procrastinate by obsessively moving things around on my calendar. While I’m doing it I tell myself in the long-run I’m setting myself up to be more organized, therefore more productive. However, as I’m saying it, I know I’m just wasting time.
39. I secretly feel more beautiful after breast cancer. Maybe even because of it.
40. I am secretly over-the-moon when I think of how fortunate I am to be my own best friend. Yet at the same time, I am confused how I allow that very same person to hijack my peace.
41. Although I do not enjoy being sick, I am secretly happy when I catch a cold because it gives me an excuse to rest.
42. Having a firm knowing that all of life’s answers are inside me, I secretly wonder if I will ever stop seeking.
43. I secretly believe that the only place heaven and hell exist are within me.
44. I secretly wish I were smarter.
45. I secretly wonder if nothing matters, or if everything does.
Hopes, dreams, secrets—they all start within me. Yours all start within you. Today, on my 45th birthday, I wanted to share 45 of my hopes, dreams, and secrets with you. As I contemplated each one, I could feel myself growing—especially with the secrets—each secret made me squirm to admit out loud. So why do it? I believe it’s through our sharing that we are able to learn and grow. Grow more into who we were put on the Earth to be. Grow free.
There is a whole community of people sharing, learning, and growing together on Love, Trust & Pixie Dust. Come grow with us. Click here and share ONE hope, dream, or secret with us. Or share MORE. Go deep, keep it light, it doesn’t matter, just come join in on the love, trust and pixie dust.
I realize today’s message was a little different from the norm here, but you never know, it might be just the thing someone in your circle of friends is meant to experience today, so please forward to a friend. Thank you!